GEIkariam
Welcome to the forums of the Galactic Empire. If you are a new visitor and wish to register, please do so with your in game name. Accounts that do not match an in game name will be rejected and/or deleted.
GEIkariam
Welcome to the forums of the Galactic Empire. If you are a new visitor and wish to register, please do so with your in game name. Accounts that do not match an in game name will be rejected and/or deleted.
GEIkariam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empire of Ikariam

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Users online: 1 Bot?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

Location : It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.

Users online: 1 Bot? Empty
PostSubject: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:28 am

I was looking at users online at the bottom of our page and suddenly noticed this:

Users online: 1 Bot? Bot10

It say's 2 registered users online(which was me and Zeka at the time), but then also 1 Bot? Question
Then after awhile it went away...
Anyone know what that was?
Back to top Go down
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

Location : It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:49 am

It happened again today.

Users online: 1 Bot? Bot_210

What's this Bot? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zeka
Admin
Zeka

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:03 am

Don't know, but I see this always.
Back to top Go down
nini
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
nini

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw it too and a couple lines underneath it said -
Bot: Google
and Google was written with colorful letters.
Not like I know what THAT means.
Back to top Go down
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:19 am

Your right!

Users online: 1 Bot? Bot_bm10
Back to top Go down
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:06 am

There was a new Bot today.
A Bing bot. scratch

Users online: 1 Bot? Bot_310
Back to top Go down
nini
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
nini

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:03 pm

We`re being spied on by the government and most probably CIA and NSA too!!!! Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Cyric
Diplomat
Diplomat
Lord Cyric

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Forumotion, the people we get our forums from, is sponsored by google and bing. As a result they send bots to scan all forumotion forums for information they can use to advertise stuff on their sites. It's nothing to be alarmed about.
Back to top Go down
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Ah!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Threehills
GE Elder
GE Elder
Threehills

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Lord Cyric is correct as usual. It's a crawler that hits up our forums every so often to check what content is new. We can disable it if we want to, but then our forum won't show up in google search results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erjedi.blogspot.com/
Lord Cyric
Diplomat
Diplomat
Lord Cyric

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 am

Threehills wrote:
Lord Cyric is correct as usual.

Ahhhh.... Smile I love those words. Now, can you do me a favor? Tell that to my wife!
Back to top Go down
The Rog
Leader
Leader
The Rog

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:44 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Users online: 1 Bot?   Users online: 1 Bot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Users online: 1 Bot?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GEIkariam :: The Welcome Center :: Forum Issues-
Jump to: